Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sometimes Nature is a Bit Gross

So, Mark found a dead bird in the garage the other day. It smelled so terrible, and the feathers were all off it, but it was moving-- it's head was going side to side and it wings were moving up and down. But it was dead!! So, I got down on my hands and knees, and saw HUGE maggots eating it up from the inside! Mark left me to clean it up, which was fine, because I don't know if he would have gotten up all the juices left on the garage floor...

Another yucky thing: there have been moths in my pantry! I found caterpillars on the ceiling and moth eggs on a few things, so I had to empty out all the boxes & bags to get those little buggers out of there! They were able to climb into tins and they ate up the almonds. I used a lot of cleaner and put everything into boxes with lids, although I'm afraid they'll find a way in! The pantry was cleaned out only last month, so this has all happened in the last few weeks! Isn't that just extra protein? --Becky

3 comments:

Harding Family said...

We have birds fly into our family room window all the time. I'll go out there and their leaving their juices all over too. YUMMY!

Harding Family said...

sometimes mom.

Harding Family said...

sometimes mom.